The Roddenberry Catalyst Fund For Young Entrepreneurs 2024
⏰ Deadline: Ongoing
The Catalyst Fund makes grants between $2,500–$15,000 to anyone, anywhere in the world who has an early-stage idea or project that addresses pressing global challenges.ELIGIBILITY Catalyst support projects from anywhere in the world by individuals, teams, non-profits, or social enterprises. The Catalyst Fund has been created to source ideas from all corners of the globe. You can be a seasoned social entrepreneur or a first-time changemaker. Eligible candidates for the Catalyst Fund may be individuals, teams of individuals, non-profit organizations, or social enterprises. To be eligible, all applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Submit an application in English;
- Include complete responses to all required application questions;
- Agree to all legal terms and conditions of the Catalyst Fund grant program;
- Be able to legally receive grant funding.
SELECTION CRITERIA Projects that have a high potential for lasting impact will be recognized.
Applicants shall present a well-thought-out plan with clear goals, specific metrics, and measurable impact. Projects have to be:
- Innovative: Approaches or strategies that innovate on existing models — What are you building on? What other solutions already exist?
- Community-based: You have a deep understanding of the communities you work on behalf of — What are their needs? How are they engaged in the process? How will they be able to maintain the solution over time?
- High potential for impact: A recognized issue that affects a significant percentage of people — this is relative, but we’re looking for solutions to problems that have outsized impact.
- Sustainable: Experienced team and a smart strategy for driving change — Who and what are driving the change? Why is this the right team? What makes this the right strategic bet right now?
The selection process also takes into consideration the following criteria: innovation, potential impact, eco-system, and originality.